Get your shit together, Conagher.
Chameleon Charm has Updated!
Check out the new page HERE
THIS IS NOT A DRILL, JUNJI ITO IS DOING A COLLAB WITH POKEMON AND PROBABLY DRAWING A YONKOMA CHECK IT OUT YOU: http://www.pokemon.jp/special/kowapoke/
How to properly break the 4th wall
this is my movie
NO SERIOUSLY THIS MOVIE WAS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED
seriously, you should watch it
WHAT MOVIE IS IT?
robin hood, men it tights
it’s a mel brooks film, so it’s the same guy who did blazing saddles and spaceballs.
People practically every Mel Brooks movie breaks the fourth wall that’s the end of the movies half of the time and that’s why I love it so much, because Mel Brooks does whatever the heck he wants.
"Because unlike other Robin Hoods, I have an English accent."
Currently this and Spaceballs is on Netflix (at least in the US) so if you want to see them, there they are : ) That’s how I finally got around to seeing them lol
Mr Rogers Facts.
be the person mr rogers thought you could be
I’ve said this a hundred times. Other artists have said this. People who aren’t even artists but care about others being able to support themselves from their work have said this. This is my job where I make my full time living. My prices are the way they are for a reason. And even if it weren’t my full time job I am performing a specialized skill producing luxury goods that takes time, money, and years to perfect. I deserve to be compensated for that work even if the money doesn’t go to basic survival necessities.
My products may be out of your price range, which is okay. That just means you aren’t my target market. But that doesn’t mean they are overpriced. And that doesn’t make it okay to walk around telling others what they should charge. There are a hundred resources on why artists price the way they do out there, please read the following and take some time to educate yourself:
- This is a “simple” forumla for pricing. It does not include any specifics and simply includes “expenses” as a lump category.
- Here is a post from Magweno which does a good job of summing up all the “hidden” costs in crafting. It also includes a discussion on whether the perceived value of art should be taken into consideration. It doesn’t even take into account sales, self employment, or income taxes. 15% of my income alone goes to self employment tax. 15-30% (depending on how much I made that year) will go to income tax.
- Another blog post from Mill Girl who writes further on what goes into pricing, arts and crafts as a luxury item, what you support when you purchase handmade, and who/what you harm when you devalue handmade.
- A tumblr post which highlights the pitfalls of people who undervalue art and their negative impact on the entire art community. This includes both artists undervaluing themselves and clients undervaluing artists.
- Here’s an article on pricing as a freelancer and industry standards. For the record I consider myself under the category “Someone with a few years of experience and a good portfolio: $50 - $85+/hr.” I can promise I am charging nowhere near $50 an hour, and close to $25 since I supplement my income with “passive income” from pattern sales.
And that is just a few of the resources out there available. I sincerely hope you will read them and stop spreading negative attitudes on pricing.
MASTER POST : NEW TRAINER ART DATAMINED!
KORRINA was found and so were the BATTLE CHATELAINE’S!
THE CUTE COUPLE’S SHIRTS THOUGH
We try to watch films together, and it starts off well, but somehow we always end up out of sync.
i cant tell you how much this cartoon means to me…
this will fix that problem :)
This has been a public service announcement
How about you go fuck yourself and let people enjoy what they want.
Tough guy hiding behind a screen. Lolz. Tollz feeding trollz. Good job bruh. You make fun of people to feel better about yourself. Thank you for helping set back humanity a few years. Grow the fuck up and get a job. Oh wait, wasn’t that your advice?
I’m enjoying feeding this troll. Let’s see how high his standing is on a social media site because people ‘like’ his posts.
Saw my all time favourite dress. Great opportunity to shoot some close-ups!
THIS IS A FUCKING DRAGON DRESS YOU CANNOT CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE
Japan hotel and temple join forces to offer gay and lesbian weddings
Draped in wedding kimonos, standing in a Zen temple built in the 1590s, gay and lesbian couples have a new option for a commitment ceremony in Japan
According to the deputy head priest at Shunkoin Temple, Japanese buddhism doesn’t have anything against homosexuality (source: Mainichi Shimbun(in Japanese)) - cool :)
that photo is so beautiful i just sighed out loud
I need to start keeping a list of “Look at these later when you have time to ugly cry.” So beautiful.